It is undeniable that the e-commerce industry is thriving at an unprecedented rate for the last few years. Now, this coronavirus pandemic has given shoppers another reason to prefer e-stores over brick and mortar stores. Like in other parts of the world, the e-commerce sector in the Middle East is also growing at an exponential rate.
Keeping in view the current scenario and the need of running the business, even the retail stores are either moving to digital platforms or have started “home delivery” services. More than just “the need of the hour”, offering doorstep deliveries of apparel, groceries, electronics, medicine, and other items has now become “the matter of survival for businesses”.
To meet the growing demands and expectations of customers, e-commerce companies in the Middle East are opting for every possible measure. Now, meeting the expectations of customers is not as challenging as ensuring that each of them receives their order on time. Why?
Well, according to various online surveys, the biggest problem that most of the delivery agents in the UAE (either from the e-commerce companies or 3PL aggregators) find is to locate the right address. Another problem they find is to make the end-customer track their consignments. These two along with the other issues result in increasing the rate of RTO (return to origin).
- Delayed deliveries
- Inability to track the order
- No contact details of the delivery agent
- No option for rescheduling the delivery time
When customers have to go through all such problems, what else we can expect from them. That’s when last-mile delivery software comes to rescue. Let’s read about the LMD software in detail.
Key Features of Last-mile Delivery Solution
The plethora of benefits last-mile software offers are the reasons why it deserves to be a part of every e-commerce business in the Middle East:
Features for your Drivers
- Pick up & manage new and existing orders- Based on the requests, drivers can pick up new orders from the hub or warehouses and process them for the delivery.
- Find the exact location of customers- With last-mile delivery’s driver app, drivers can see the exact location pinned by the customers.
- Upload digitized proof of delivery- Drivers can upload digitized proof of delivery after successfully delivering the order to the destination.
- Keeping a record of COD payments- They can keep a record of the cash received against the orders.
- Operate the app in multiple languages- They can operate the driver app either in Hindi, English, or Arabic language.
Also, Check Route Planning Software
Features for your End-customers
- Track orders- End-customers can see the status of their orders in real-time.
- Contact delivery agents or drivers- End-customers can see the details of the drivers and contact them.
- Reschedule delivery- In case of non-availability, the end-customer can reschedule the delivery time.
- Pin location- Customers can pin their exact location to help drivers find their location without any hassle.
- Make online payments- If the customer has selected cash on delivery option, but don’t have the cash at the time of the delivery, then they can request for an online payment link.
- Share feedback- Customers can share their delivery experience or raise a complaint if they see a “delivered status” for the order they haven’t received.
Apart from these, contactless delivery is a major advantage of the last-mile delivery software. Customers can opt for this to ensure safety and avoid getting in touch with a delivery agent. The agent will collect and upload the POD by capturing a photo.
How does Last-mile Software Work?
Last-mile or last-leg software is built using top-technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning. Here is how it works:
- The driver receives a pickup request either from the e-commerce company or the 3PL. Now, they reach the designated hub/warehouse to get the product(s). After scanning the product, the driver looks into the app to know the most efficient route for the destination.
- The end-customer, tracking the status of the order in real-time, can pin the exact location by clicking the tracking link received on their registered mobile numbers.
- Following the pinned location, the driver reaches the destination and delivers the order.
- The driver collects the proof of delivery and uploads it to the software.
Every process remains transparent between both the individual and drivers, which in turn helps your business to achieve its ultimate goal, i.e., 100% customer satisfaction.
Why should e-commerce Companies Integrate Last-mile Software?
You need last-mile software to ensure-
Delivering your orders within a specific time is one of the significant aspects of a business that cannot be ignored at any cost. LMS helps you to achieve this objective with efficient route optimization and planning.
Reduced Fuel Cost
LMS shows you the most efficient route for dropping a consignment at its designated address, which further helps in reducing a huge amount of fuel cost.
Increased Rate of First-attempt Delivery
As the end-customers have the option to reschedule delivery (in case, if they are not available at the destination at the specified time), they can notify the drivers in advance when they have to deliver the consignment. This increases the chances for the first-attempt delivery.
Reduced Rate of Return to Origin (RTO)
With the help of software, drivers will deliver orders on customers’ preferred time; hence, there will be no issues like “customer was unavailable at the time of delivery”. That’s because, after a few failed-delivery attempts, drivers proceed the order for RTO.
By providing your end-customers complete visibility of their order, you can maintain full transparency with them. This will help your e-commerce business in the UAE to increase customer loyalty.
So, what are you waiting for? Upgrade your last-mile delivery operations with customized LMD software today!